You may be moving, or you may have just purchased a new mattress. Either way, a bed is difficult mainly due to its size. While weight may play a factor, it is the size and depending on the age of the mattress, it may not want to stand alongside a wall, instead preferring to slouch to the floor if not appropriately managed. So what are the easiest ways of moving a mattress? Below are six tips to making it easy.
1) By having a set or two of moving straps, you will make the mattress much easier to move. These are very handy and can be used in different handholds to make the process as easy as possible.
2) If possible use a mattress bag, these are specially made heavy duty bags that are transparent so that you can see if any damage is occurring to the box springs. By having your mattress completely encased in plastic liquid spills and other types of leaks will protect your bed from any accidents of the fluid type, meaning that it will get where it is going in a clean slate.
3) Depending on whether you are storing your mattress, or using a dirty truck to transport it, a mattress bag, or clear plastic sheets and packing tape wrapped around the bed will keep dust mites and other bugs from landing and burrowing into the mattress’s surface.
4) Borrow a dolly or flat based trolley. You can use the moving straps to lift the mattress and to place it on either a dolly or trolley. Both of these will allow you to easily roll your mattress around on floors making it much easier to move on flat surfaces.
5) If stairs are going to be in your immediate future with your mattress, then a stair trolly will prove invaluable. You can use the moving straps to tie down the bed in a standing position on the stair trolley. You can then begin pulling the stair trolley up the stairs, one by one allowing the trolley to take the weight and use its peculiar wheelset to move up the stairs without direct lifting. These make moving large heavy items upstairs so easily as it uses its three wheels on either side to climb from rung to rung.
6) Have a lot of friends with you when you move. Many hands do mean light work, and the more you have helped, the quicker the process will be. With a little thought and delegation, you can quickly and quickly move your mattress up and down stairs, around bends and onto and off the transport that you will be using.
There may be some other tips to help move a mattress. However, the ones above are the ones that I would use in the future and which I have used in the past. The good thing is that today mattresses are made of sturdy construction like the ones found here http://bigfigmattressdiscountcode.org/, so once you have your mattress moved in it will hopefully be many years before you need to undertake the process again.